Our mission is to drive cross sector collaboration; working together with industry to build better, smarter, cleaner, greener and more affordable places to live. Inspiring businesses of all sizes to achieve more by implementing creative solutions and innovative technologies demands that we draw upon all of the established University of Salford values:
- Collaboration – We work with leaders across the private and public sector to develop and scale innovative solutions; creating positive ways of working to improve productivity, processes and performance.
- Innovate – We develop and apply innovative technologies such as 3D printing, robotics, drones, BIM modelling, big data and machine learning to reshape how building projects are designed, managed and implemented.
- Culture – We actively encourage a diverse, inclusive and collaborative approach in all the work that we do. We want to build positive long-term relationships with our industry partners based on trust, respect and collaboration.
- Empower – We work to create a step-change by empowering businesses to achieve more, helping to create opportunities for growth and impact.
- Ethics – We listen, learn and actively seek out the best ideas. We do this with integrity and fairness.
- Quality – We are a centre for excellence, reshaping how building projects are designed, managed and implemented through better management of building performance.
- Value – We proactively look for opportunities to bring value to our clients throughout the whole life cycle of the innovation projects; incorporating new ideas which generate changes that help solve the needs of the business.
- Skills – We work with public and private sector organisations to develop courses and training which meet the needs of the market. In partnership with industry we create more effective routes to highly skilled jobs, crucial for creating a pipeline of skilled workers into the construction sector.
- Sustainability – We have a commitment to leave a positive imprint on society; promoting sustainable developments which improve the quality of the environment and the communities in which we live and work.