John is a director of Akerlof Ltd. a specialist consultancy focussed upon delivering high value outcomes within the built environment through integration of Modern Methods of Construction (MMC).
With over 25 years’ experience, John combines procurement expertise with a deep understanding of technical and management best practice in developing modern method of construction solutions that realise value. A catalyst for continuous improvement, John has integrated platform principles, DfMA processes and supply chain within over £1bn projects in the last 10 years – acknowledged via shortlisting at World Procurement Awards, CN Supply Chain Excellence and individual commendation as Offsite Pioneer of the Year.He is experienced engaging from early concept development to implementation and delivery; setting and managing strategies and collaborative relationships spanning organisation boundaries, through skilled negotiation, to the benefit of projects, frameworks and large scale programmes. A strong advocate of platform based approach, John has pioneered P-DfMA implementation within the largest programmes in the UK, supporting public and private sector clients in their adoption.
- Leader of “market enablers” workstream within Hub’s Value Toolkit development
- Leader on “De-carbonising precast concrete Innovate UK project
- Leadership of procurement department within Tier 1 Contractor inc:
- Development and implementation of consortium procurement strategy to P-DfMA solution for £500m public sector programme.
- Multi-contractor collaboration and supply chain development across £2.5bn redevelopment.
- Management of major group trading agreements, with specialisms in precast concrete and facades.
- Implementation and change management of E-Tendering solutions.
- Business plan development and operational model design for vertically integrated offsite product
- Offsite Leadership Board Member (@ Supply Chain Sustainability School) and advocate of training and education.
- Board Director of ScanTech Digital- a digital SME and leader in 3D architectural modelling and reality capture.